Successful Customer Service candidates will possess a variety of skills to support customers through application of knowledge of our client organizations, services and products. Ideal candidates will pride themselves on their professionalism, should be outgoing, personable, and a good conversationalist. Past positions should involve working with people; areas could include contact center, retail, restaurant staff, and hotel hospitality.
Candidates will be trained and possess a high level understanding of multiple promotions that are supported in the contact center, which may include web/phone orders, program registration, order/rebate inquiries, product information, retailer locators, and customer service.
- Handle incoming calls, chats, email or inquiries from consumers and clients
- Assist consumers effectively by answering questions and solving disputes
- Provide consumer additional information or explanation of services
- Discuss products offered and ensure consumer satisfaction
- Tactfully handle confrontational or stressful interactions with consumers
- Complete supporting paperwork and data entry as required
- Accurately capture consumer information for processing and future use
Customer Service Job Skills
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
- Handle confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills
- Perform miscellaneous tasks from other departments as directed
- Other duties as assigned by management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individual must have the ability to type 25-30 words per minute. Some computer and calculator experience necessary. Pleasant voice and good grammar required. People and organizational skills are preferred for this position. Individual must have the ability to work under pressure and maintain composure and control of call at all times.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three month related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.