The primary responsibility of the Billing Specialist is to create invoices and credit memos to clients. This position requires the ability to manage promotion information and promotion funding. The ideal candidate would have a strong background in mathematics, attention to detail, knowledge of accounting and accounting software, and is fluent using Microsoft software programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages specific promotion information, verifies that output matches client specifications, audits and reports program data.
- Ensures transactions are processed within client required time frames.
- Manages the change order process to ensure transactions are processed in accordance with client specifications.
- Prepares activity reports and/or customized reports that report promotion performance for clients weekly or as required by our clients.
- Manages promotion activity including inventory balances.
- Audits and manages client prepaid account balances.
- Reconciles UPS, USPS and miscellaneous data on a daily, weekly and/or monthly basis.
- Prepares invoices and validates line items to ensure they are coded to the proper revenue accounts.
- Answers account receivable phone inquiries and follow-up.
- Ability to work within the policy and confidentially requirements when coming into contact with various forms of PII.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Accounting Software; Microsoft Outlook; Internet; Fluency with Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and Microsoft Word Processing software.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is very important. Must have general logic working with numbers daily.
- Must be able to communicate with various groups of people including employees, clients, vendors, and customers.
- Must be able to use a fax machine, copier, and 10-key adding machine.
Education and/or Experience:
Two-year Accounting Degree from a college or technical school or related experience.
Shift Requirements: Full Time, 8am-4:30pm, Monday – Friday